use netty component as telnet client

Onder SEZGIN
Hi,

i have a requirement to integrate with plain old telnet server publishing
messages.

what i need to do is to listen the messages and do message routing on them.
i can see camel-netty has clientMode option to set to true to achieve this.
once i use camel-netty, i can see messages are written into channel(as i
can see in debug logs) but they are pushed down to other processors in the
route.

i think i need to learn a bit netty encoders but was wondering if my guess
is right or is there any easier way.

from("netty4:tcp://localhost:8282?textline=true&clientMode=true").id(
"client").log(LoggingLevel.DEBUG,

this.getClass().getName(), " ${routeId} - OUT: headers:[] - body:[${body}]"
);

Thanks
Onder

Re: use netty component as telnet client

Onder SEZGIN
just a correction in my original post.

but they are NOT pushed down to other processors in the route.

for example in the given route, i want to place each message (line based
text based), which telnet server publishes, into log eip in the example
route.

thanks
Onder

On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 12:55 PM Onder SEZGIN <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i have a requirement to integrate with plain old telnet server publishing
> messages.
>
> what i need to do is to listen the messages and do message routing on them.
> i can see camel-netty has clientMode option to set to true to achieve this.
> once i use camel-netty, i can see messages are written into channel(as i
> can see in debug logs) but they are pushed down to other processors in the
> route.
>
> i think i need to learn a bit netty encoders but was wondering if my guess
> is right or is there any easier way.
>
> from("netty4:tcp://localhost:8282?textline=true&clientMode=true").id(
> "client").log(LoggingLevel.DEBUG,
>
> this.getClass().getName(), " ${routeId} - OUT: headers:[] -
> body:[${body}]");
>

> Thanks
> Onder

Re: use netty component as telnet client

Onder SEZGIN
is there any clue why it does not carry on processing with the rest of the
route?