what is the best approach to consume restful service?

what is the best approach to consume restful service?

bharadwaj
We have differ options to consume reftful services like cxfRS, jetty, http.

My requirement is to consume restful service without service class also it should be able to support CXF bus configuration to have global configuration cxf endpoints.

I know we have cxfRS but it's mandatory to use service class in lesser than camel 2.15 version, camel 2.15 introduced modelRef which can be used without service class,

currenlty we are using camel 2.12 version could please suggest us which step/approach use to consume reffull service without using service?(client doesn't provide us service class)

Thanks,
Bharadwaj nakka

Re: what is the best approach to consume restful service?

contactreji
Hi Bharadwaj

Can you be specific. Are you planning to consume a rest service or expose a rest service? The implementation is different for both. You need the annotated java classes only if you are exposing the rest point

1) If you are exposing ( server ), you can either use cxfrs or camel-restlet component. Find the sample POC at below url which I have coded.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/99r1fbic7z3s355/AACtISev3q3UPy8U-pFSxRJza?dl=0

2) If you are planning to consume (client) a rest service, you can even use the normal http / http4 or restlet producer endpoint. Just specify the http method you plan to use appropriately and the data/body/entity which has to be passed to the service shud be part of camel exchange body.

Cheers
Reji
Reji Mathews
Sr. Developer - Middleware Integration / SOA ( Open Source - Apache Camel & Jboss Fuse ESB | Mule ESB )
LinkedIn - http://in.linkedin.com/pub/reji-mathews/31/9a2/40a
Twitter - reji_mathews

Re: what is the best approach to consume restful service?

Sergey Beryozkin
On 19/06/15 05:35, bharadwaj wrote:
> We have differ options to consume reftful services like cxfRS, jetty, http.
>
> My requirement is to consume restful service without service class also it
> should be able to support CXF bus configuration to have global configuration
> cxf endpoints.
>
> I know we have cxfRS but it's mandatory to use service class in lesser than
> camel 2.15 version, camel 2.15 introduced modelRef which can be used without
> service class,
Just would like to clarify here that 'modelRef' can be used to have
interfaces only without JAX-RS annotations or even have no
interfaces/service classes at all with the descriptions in the CXF
specific model language provided (with the plan to support arbitrary
language descriptions).
The other new option is to have an interface only, without having to
provide a service class with no-op methods;
Sergey